How do you fix this file does not have a program associated?
To do that, follow these instructions:
- Click the Search icon on your taskbar.
- Type “settings” (no quotes), then press Enter.
- Select Accounts.
- Go to the left-pane menu, then click Family & Other People.
- Click Add Someone Else to this PC.
- Select ‘I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
How do I create an association in the default app settings?
To create a default program association, click Start and type Default Programs into the search field, and then press Enter. Click Set Your Default Programs. Choose an application from the list of apps, and then select Set this program as default. Step 3: Create specific file associations.
Why is my settings not opening on Windows 10?
Open command prompt or PowerShell with administrator rights, type sfc /scannow, and then press Enter. Once the file check completes, attempt to open Settings. Reinstall the Settings app. This should re-register and reinstall all the Windows 10 apps.
How do I create an association in the Default Programs Control Panel in Windows 10?
Search for Default Programs by using Cortana on your taskbar. Click the Set your default programs option. Choose your desired program and then click the Choose defaults for this program option. Click the Save button once you are prompted to Set Program Associations.
Why does my laptop say this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action?
If system files are damaged, you may fail to open your app or file with the error “this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action”. To fix this problem, you can perform an SFC scan and DISM scan in Windows 10.
How do I set Default programs?
On the Start menu, select Settings > Apps > Default apps. Select which default you want to set, and then choose the app. You can also get new apps in Microsoft Store.
How do I create an association in Default programs for email?
Choose Programs > Make a file type always open in a specific program. If you don’t see Programs, choose Default Programs > Associate a file type or protocol with a program. In the Set Associations tool, select the file type you want to change the program for, then choose Change program.
Why is my Settings app not working?
You need to clear the cache for Google Play and uninstall the Google Play store update. To do that, go to Settings > Application manager, find Google Play, and tap on it. First tap “Clear cache.” Then, tap Uninstall updates. Once you are done, restart your device.
What to do if Settings is not opening?
Try opening the Settings application using any of the following methods:
- Click the Start icon and select Settings.
- Click the Start icon, type Settings, and select the app from the list.
- Right-click the Start icon and select Settings from the menu.
- Press the Windows and I keys together simultaneously.
Where do I find Set Associations control panel?
To set File Associations in Windows 10/8/7 using Control Panel:
- Open Control Panel.
- Click Control Panel Home.
- Select Default Programs.
- Click Set Associations.
- Select a file type in the list and click Change Program.
How do I set program associations in Windows 10?
Change default programs in Windows 10
- On the Start menu, select Settings > Apps > Default apps.
- Select which default you want to set, and then choose the app. You can also get new apps in Microsoft Store.
- You may want your .