How do I uninstall WD software from my Mac?
I HAVE THE ANSWER! To uninstall Smartware, you go into your applications folder. There is a standalone app called Smartware Uninstaller. Done.
Is WD Quick View necessary?
Quick View is a free little app that lets you see some particulars of the My Cloud device without need of launching the web-based interface. It may be overkill for power users, as there’s no additional functionality it offers outside the My Cloud’s management software.
What is WD Discovery on my Mac?
Install WD Discovery for Mac WD Discovery allows you to download and keep up to date other WD Apps such as WD Security app and WD Drive Utilities, and learn about software from WD partners.
How do I uninstall WD Unlocker?
- Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select Disk management from the context menu.
- Right click on the drive to format, select Format from the context menu, click on OK and wait for the drive to be formatted.
- After the formatting is complete, right click on the drive and select Delete.
How do I turn off WD Quick View?
How to Disable WD Quick View
- Click the Start globe.
- Type the word msconfig in the Search box and press Enter.
- Examine all the tasks under the Startup tab. One of them relates to the WD application. Untick it, click OK and follow the prompts.
What is WD SmartWare?
WD unveiled their new SmartWare Pro software that enables users to easily back up files to any USB external hard drive or the cloud using their personal Dropbox. The software also provides users with the ability to restore or retrieve backed-up data. The WD SmartWare Pro software can be setup in two different settings.
Is WD Discovery necessary for Mac?
Answer: A: Historically the WD software has not worked well on Macs. It is not needed to use the drive for Time Machine backups. I’ve had fairly serious issues both on modern Macs and the older “pre-Intel” Macs that were due to WD’s software, including stalls, overheating of the computer, and general slowness.
How do I remove a virtual CD partition from WD?
STEP 2: Download and run the VCD Manager
- Download VCD Manager for Windows.
- Unzip the utility (Extract the file using an extraction utility.)
- Double click WDSmartWareVirtualCDManagerforWindows-v1.
- Click Continue to disable the VCD.
- Once the utility has found your drive, click Configure Drive and then click Exit.
How do I remove password from WD hard drive?
- Plug your external hard hard drive to your computer and unlock it with the password.
- Run the WD Security application.
- Select the “Remove password” and type in your password and then click on the button that says “Update Security Settings” as shown in the picture below:
How do I stop WD Discovery from opening on Mac?
Go to Mac HD/Library/LaunchAgents
- Go to Mac HD/Library/LaunchAgents.
- Then right click on the file called com.
- Change the RunAtLoad key to false.
- Then use Save As and place it on your Desktop, it may add the word ‘copy’ to the end of the name.
Is WD SmartWare Pro free?
WD SmartWare Pro – Free download and software reviews – CNET Download.