Which country drinks more beer in Africa?
The Euromonitor Report of 2018 has ranked Zambia as a country with the highest per capita consumption of alcohol in the region. According to the illicit alcohol trade research finding presented in the Euromonitor report in Lusaka today, Zambia has stood out first at 9.84% followed by South Africa.
Which African countries drink alcohol?
WHO’s research places South Africa as the country with the highest reported alcohol consumption in the continent. The report states that this nation has the fifth-highest consumption rate in the world.
Which country drinks the most alcohol 2020?
Here are the 10 countries with the most alcohol consumption:
- Germany (12.79 liters/year)
- Lithuania (12.78 liters/year)
- Ireland (12.75 liters/year)
- Spain (12.67 liters/year)
- Uganda (12.48 liters/year)
- Bulgaria (12.46 liters/year)
- Luxembourg (12.45 liters/year)
- Romania (12.34 liters/year)
Which country has the most alcohol consumption?
Belarus. Belarus is a landlocked country located in Eastern Europe. This nation tops the list of countries consuming the most alcohol world-wide. Citizens of Belarus consume 14.4 liters of alcohol per person, per year.
What country drinks the most wine?
Which countries drink the most wine? Ask Decanter
- Portugal topped the charts, on 62.1 litres per person on average, closely followed by Luxembourg on 55.5 litres.
- France and Italy came in at 50.2 and 43.7 litres, with the UK back at 22.6 litres and the US coming in at 12.4 litres.
Where does South Africa rank in alcohol consumption?
The latest report shows that, on average, South Africans over the age of 15 consumed 9.3 litres of pure alcohol each in 2016. The figure was 16.2 litres for men and 2.7 litres for women. Based on these figures, South Africa ranked 50th out of 195 countries for total alcohol consumed per capita in 2016.
Which country consumes the most beer?
Top 10: Countries that drink the most beer
- Czech Republic. 188.6 litres per capita.
- Austria. 107.8 litres per capita.
- Romania. 100.3 litres per capita.
- Germany. 99.0 litres per capita.
- Poland. 97.7 litres per capita.
- Namibia. 95.5 litres per capita.
- Ireland. 92.9 litres per capita.
- Spain. 88.8 litres per capita.
Which country drinks the most beer in Africa 2020?
Like its South African neighbour, Namibia has a wide breakdown of favourite drinks, but beer carries the most weight with 67% of alcohol consumption.
Which country has the lowest alcohol consumption?
The 10 countries that drink the least alcohol, in liters per capita over 15+ years, ranked:
- Egypt (0.3 liters per capita over 15+ years)
- Niger (0.3)
- Bangladesh (0.2)
- Comoros (0.2)
- Saudi Arabia (0.2)
- Yemen (0.2)
- Kuwait (0.1)
- Mauritania (0.1)