What is NA and AFA in CDS?
NA: Naval Academy. 3. OTA: Officer Training Academy. 4. AFA: Air Force Academy.
What is IMA Ota AFA?
While OTA is meant for training of officers of Army selected for short service commission,IMA is for permanent commission ! INA and AFA is for Indian Navy and Indian Air force respectively!
Can I fill both IMA and OTA?
Preference for IMA, OTA, AFA , INA can be given at the time of filling the forms at UPSC. One can apply for OTA & IMA, However he needs to have physics and math in his 10+2 to be eligible for INA & AFA as well. Well cracking both cut-offs of IMA & OTA will not result into a farce.
How do I apply for OTA in CDS?
There are 4 simple steps involved in CDS Application Process:
- Step 1: CDS Registration. Visit UPSC CDS 2022 official website – upsconline.nic.in.
- Step 2: Pay CDS Application Fee.
- Step 3: Fill CDS Application Form.
- Step 4: Upload CDS Photo, Signature, and Photo ID Proof.
How do I join AFA?
How to Join Indian Air Force Academy
- Through NDA: Young boys who have passed class 12th are eligible to join AFA through NDA.
- Through NCC SE (Men and Women) : As an Air Wing Senior Division ‘C’ Certificate holder of the National Cadet Corps, you can apply to the Flying Branch of the Indian Air Force.
How do I join AFA after graduation?
3 ways to enter the Indian Airforce after completing your B. Tech graduations
- Combined Defence Services (CDS) entry – It is one of the basic and main modes of entry into the flying branch of defence.
- NCC Special entry mode – This exam is open for both male and female candidates who are eager to join Indian Airforce.
What is difference between OTA and IMA?
OTA trains both male and female cadets. Whereas, IMA only trains male cadets. While OTA trains their cadets for short service commission, IMA prepares their candidates for a permanent commission.
Which rank is given after OTA?
A: Candidates during their training in IMA and OTA are given stipend of Rs 56,100 per month. Q: What is the rank offered to candidates after successful completion of training? A: After successful completion of the training, candidates are granted the position of Lieutenant.
Is OTA better than IMA?
OTA vs IMA: Which is Better? There is nothing better or worse between the Officers’ Training Academy and the Indian Military Academy as both of them eventually serve the nation. The candidates can apply for either based on their eligibility and will.
How can I apply for OTA 2021?
CDS 1 2021 How to Apply:
- Visit the official website — upsc.gov.in or upsconline.nic.in.
- Click on the UPSC CDSE 1 2021 link.
- In part – I of the registration, submit your basic information.
- In part II, fill the payment details and choice of exam center, upload your photo and sign as per guidelines.
What is the difference between Ota and AFA in CDs?
INA and AFA is for Indian Navy and Indian Air force respectively! CDS exam has 3 portions,Based on marks u get the chance to choose the service u will like to appear excpet if u have just qualified in GENRAL AWARENESS AND ENGLISH ,u are given OTA as the only option to apply for i.e Short service commision.
What is the difference between Ina IMA and AFA in CDs?
INA, IMA, AFA one out of the three is to be given as preference while applying for CDS,you ll be required to pass the cut off for that Academy based on cut off for that particular Academy, AFA cut off varies between 150–160,whereas INA and IMA have cut off ranging between 110–120 usually, cut off may increase in years ahead.
What is the difference between Ota and Ima?
OTA trains both male and female cadets. Whereas, IMA only trains male cadets. While OTA trains their cadets for short service commission, IMA prepares their candidates for a permanent commission. Relevant information about the difference between OTA and IMA has been discussed in this article.
What is the difference between Otaota and Ina?
OTA is the Officers Training Academy of the Indian Army for training short service commission officer cadets. Firstly the basic. INA is the Indian Naval Academy at Ezhimala. It is the training academy of Indian Navy for permanent as well as short service commission officer cadets.