What activities do you do at a luau?
Luau Party Games & Music
- PASS THE COCONUT. Like the popular game of “hot potato,” but using a coconut, have everyone sit in a circle.
- ʻULU MAIKA.
- HULA HOOP ʻTIL YOU DROP.
- HAWAIIAN PICTIONARY.
- HAWAIIAN LIMBO.
- KUMU HULA SAYS…
- PINEAPPLE BOWLING.
What kind of food do you serve at a luau party?
10 Luau Finger Food Recipes
- Grilled Pineapple Meatball Skewers. These delicious skewers take less than 20 minutes to prepare and cook.
- Fruit Kabobs.
- Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes.
- Hawaiian Hot Dogs with Grilled Pineapple and Teriyaki Mayo.
- Aloha Burgers.
- Spam Musubi.
- Grilled Ham and Pineapple Kabobs.
- Hawaiian Salsa.
How do you make a luau party?
- Create Colorful Invitations. Make or buy simple invitation cards with the party’s date, time and location.
- Give Your Party Direction.
- Stick With a Simple Menu.
- Serve Tropical Drinks.
- Keep Guests Hydrated.
- Serve Grab-and-Go Style.
- Pineapple Whip Dessert Recipe.
- Add a S’mores Station.
What are Hawaiian appetizers called?
“Pupu” is a Hawaiian term for any appetizer, snack or finger food. It usually refers to smaller portions of food which may include egg rolls, chicken wings, poke and practically any type of food that can be prepared and eaten in small bites at a party or social gathering.
What is traditional Hawaiian food?
With dishes like kalua pork, chicken long rice, squid luau, poi, laulau, and lomi lomi salmon, an authentic Hawaiian meal will introduce you to the true tastes of the islands. This simple combination of rice, fried Spam and dried seaweed is the crown jewel of Hawaii snacks.
What makes a luau special?
The event involves traditional Hawaiian cuisine – including pig, salmon, taro corms, and coconut milk-based dessert – arts and crafts demonstrations, traditional games, and live music. As a celebration of life, a luau is a unique party that gathers family and friends around several recreations and pastimes.
What do I need for a luau?
Hawaiian Luau Decorations
- Bamboo placemats.
- Flower arrangements with orchids, hibiscus, bird of paradise and any other tropical flowers.
- Seashells scattered around your tables.
- Napkin rings made from seashells glued to raffia rings.
- Palm trees or leaves.
- Real flower leis.
How do you throw a perfect luau?
What should I bring to a luau party?
Cups shaped like pineapples or coconuts are the perfect way to ensure your tableware reflects the party’s theme. Play luau party music in the background. Steel drum bands are a good choice. Create striking photo ops using wall decorating kits that will bring a piece of paradise into your home.
What do you need for a luau party?
Serving theme-specific party food is a fun way to celebrate at your Hawaiian luau party. For some tasty tiki treats, try some of these suggestions: Serve tropical snacks such as macadamia nuts, coconut, and cashews in wooden bowls. Make fresh fruit kabobs by alternating mango, pineapple, and banana on wooden skewers.
What to serve at luau party?
Hawaiian Style Shoyu Chicken|NoBiggie.
How to plan the best kids luau party?
Part 4 of 4: Planning the Party Activities Pick age-appropriate games. The activities you plan for your party should depend on the average age of the children attending. Add a tropical twist to classic party games. Planning the party activities for your luau party can be simple: just tweak classic party games to fit the theme. Give kids a hula dance lesson. Do the Limbo!