How do I recover my locked Microsoft account?
Locked out of your Microsoft account?
- Go to the Microsoft sign in page and click Forgot my password below the sign-in fields.
- Select I forgot my password, then click Next.
- Enter your email address or phone number, then enter the Captcha code and click Next.
How long do Microsoft accounts stay locked?
The Account lockout duration policy setting determines the number of minutes that a locked-out account remains locked out before automatically becoming unlocked. The available range is from 1 through 99,999 minutes. A value of 0 specifies that the account will be locked out until an administrator explicitly unlocks it.
Why would Microsoft lock my account?
To help protect your account from fraud or abuse, Microsoft temporarily locks accounts when unusual activity is noticed. If you can’t get a security code, or if your security code doesn’t work, go to When you can’t sign in to your Microsoft account and follow the instructions under I can’t get a verification code.
How do you unfreeze Microsoft account?
Sign in to the OneDrive website and choose Unfreeze your account to temporarily access your files. You’ll have 30 days to remove enough files to be within your storage limit. View the largest files on your OneDrive. Your files will be read-only, but you can download or delete files to get back under your storage limit.
How do you unlock a Microsoft laptop?
Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to unlock the computer. Type the logon information for the last logged on user, and then click OK. When the Unlock Computer dialog box disappears, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and log on normally.
How do you unlock a Microsoft device?
Unlock your Windows 10 phone remotely
- Sign in to account.microsoft.com/devices.
- Find the phone you want to lock remotely in the list, and the select Find my phone.
- Select Lock.
- Enter a new PIN, and then select Lock. You’ll now be able to unlock your phone with a new PIN.
How do I unlock Microsoft Word?
Unlock a protected document
- On the Review tab, in the Protect group, click Restrict Editing.
- In the Restrict Formatting and Editing task pane, click Stop Protection.
- If you are prompted to provide a password, type the password.
Why does my Microsoft account get locked?
Malware,phishing,and other harmful activities. Malware: Sending intentionally unwanted or harmful code or software.
How do I unlock my Microsoft account?
To unlock a user account that has been created within Anchor: In the Organization navigation menu, select the user’s organization. Click the Accounts tab. Find the locked out user account and click the Edit button. In the Account Overview section of the Account Settings page, click the Unlock Account button.
Why is my Microsoft account suspended?
When the current billing amount is more than 60 days overdue
How do I unblock my Microsoft account?
Follow these steps to unblock your account: Go to https://account.microsoft.com and sign in to your suspended account. Enter a phone number to request a security code be sent to you via text message. After the text arrives, enter the security code into the web page. Change your password to complete the unblocking process.