How do I fix inaccessible boot device error?
How to Fix Inaccessible Boot Device Error in Windows 10
- Solution 1: Uninstall the Recently Installed Packages.
- Solution 2: Update Your Drivers.
- Solution 3: Toggle AHCI Mode Value in BIOS to Enabled.
- Solution 4: Get Rid of “Update Pending” Packages.
- Solution 5: Check and Have all Corrupted Hard Drive Files Fixed.
How do I set my SSD to boot priority?
Here are the steps to make SSD the boot drive on windows 11/10:
- Restart PC and press F2/F12/Del keys to enter BIOS.
- Go to the boot option, change the boot order, setting OS to boot from the new SSD.
- Save the changes, exit BIOS, and restart the PC. Wait patiently to let the computer boot up.
Why won’t my computer boot from my SSD?
If your computer cannot boot after upgrading or replacing system disk from HDD to SSD, the proper reason for this problem is that you may fail to reset the boot order in BIOS. Continuously press a specific key (usually F2, F8, F12, Del) to enter BIOS Setup. 3. Then, use the arrow keys to select Boot Option.
Can you use an SSD as a boot drive?
Yes, you can boot from an external SSD on a PC or Mac computer. Portable SSDs connect via USB cables. It’s that easy. After learning how to install your external SSD, you’ll find that using a Crucial portable SSD as a boot drive is a simple and reliable way to upgrade your system without using a screwdriver.
How do I fix inaccessible boot device in BIOS?
How can I fix Inaccessible Boot Device BSoD error?
- Update your drivers.
- Run the BSOD Troubleshooter.
- Run the SFC scan.
- Run DISM.
- Check the hard drive.
- Reinstall your graphics card driver.
- Enter Safe Mode.
- Enable AHCI Mode in BIOS.
What can cause inaccessible boot device?
Reasons for inaccessible boot device error:
- Corrupted or misconfigured device drivers.
- Driver conflicts between the hardware.
- Corrupted Windows registry files.
- Corrupted system data.
- Problems in the BIOS.
- Damaged hardware (RAM or hard disk).
- Bad or loosely connected data cables within the system.
How do I fix inaccessible boot command?
Firstly, you need to open Command Prompt as an administrator. To do so, press the Windows key, type cmd, right-click on the result and choose Run as administrator. Within the Command Prompt app, type chkdsk /f /r and press Enter. Wait for the app to process your input, then type Y and press Enter.
How to fix INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE on Windows 10 SSD?
Click “Apply” and then “Proceed” to commit the pending operations. Restart your computer later. When you encounter inaccessible boot device on Windows 10 SSD, you can fix the problem either by uninstalling the graphic card driver or by rebuilding MBR via AOMEI Partition Assistant.
What does it mean when it says SSD is inaccessible?
What’s worse, some users are stuck in endless boot loop where Windows tells SSD is inaccessible and where it tries to fix the error but constantly fails. When you see “Inaccessible Boot Device”, it means your computer cannot read the Windows partition on the hard drive it boots from.
What does “INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE” mean?
When you see “Inaccessible Boot Device”, it means your computer cannot read the Windows partition on the hard drive it boots from. It could mean total hard drive failure or a simple driver or boot record failure.
How to fix DISM stop code – INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE?
Follow these simple steps to run DISM and fix stop code – Inaccessible Boot Device Step 1: Open the Power User Menu (“Windows” + “X”). Click on the “Command Prompt (Admin)” option. Step 2: Type in the “DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth” command and hit Enter.