How do I connect my Netgear router to my Comcast modem?
How to Set up Netgear Nighthawk with Xfinity Internet
- Step 1: Sign-in to Xfinity gateway.
- Step 2: Go to ‘Gateway at a Glance’
- Step 3: Turn ‘Bridge Mode’ on Your xFi.
- Step 4: Connect xFi to Netgear Nighthawk Router.
- Step 5: Restart All Devices.
- Step 6: Install the Nighthawk App.
- Step 7: Personalize your Wi-Fi Network.
How do I setup a modem combo on my Netgear router?
To install your NETGEAR router using the router web interface:
- Using an Ethernet cable, connect your modem to the yellow Internet port on the back of your NETGEAR router.
- Connect your computer to one of the Ethernet ports on your router.
- Press the Power button on the router.
- Open a web browser and enter routerlogin.net.
How do I activate my Netgear router?
To set up and install your NETGEAR Nighthawk router using the NETGEAR Nighthawk app:
- Download the Nighthawk app.
- Attach the provided antennas (if any) and connect your modem to the Internet port on your router.
- Power on your router.
- Wait for the WiFi LED to light.
How do you hook up a modem router combo?
Connect an Ethernet cable to the “Ethernet” port on your modem. This port is used to connect other devices to your modem. Connect the other end of the cable to the router. Use the other end of the Ethernet cable to connect to the port labeled “WAN”, “Internet”, or something similar.
Can you have 2 Xfinity modems in the same house?
So with Comcast residential internet services you can only have one modem per account. If you truly want two modems they would each need to be on separate accounts so you are paying two internet bills.
How do I connect my Netgear wireless router?
Connect your high-speed modem to the Netgear wireless router with an Ethernet cable. Turn off and unplug your high-speed modem’s power before connecting the device to your wireless router. Plug the Ethernet cable from your high-speed modem into the “Internet” port on the back of your Netgear wireless router.
Which Netgear router is best?
Great for most homes. Netgear Nighthawk R6700 — AC1750. Editor’s pick. This AC1750 Wi-Fi 5 router has 2.4GHz and 5GHz radios to serve all your
What router is compatible with Comcast?
Best Comcast Xfinity-Compatible Routers and Modems Linksys CM3024 (modem) Motorola MB7420 (modem) ARRIS SB6183 (modem) Netgear CM500-100NAS (modem) ARRIS SBG7580-AC (router/modem combo) Linksys CG7500 (router/modem combo) Motorola MG7540 (router/modem combo) Netgear C6300 (router/modem combo)
How do I access my Comcast router?
Connect the coaxial cable connection bringing in the Internet signal to the “In” port on the back of your modem. Look on the bottom of the Comcast cable modem. Located on the bottom is a sticker with an “http” address listed. You need this full address to access the settings information.